2.11.2011

Working


I have an amazing job, and I know how lucky I am to have a job these days. My boss is great, I have really helpful co-workers, and I get to hang with really cool 6 year olds all day. Oh did I mention that I get all holidays and a whole summer off? Who wouldn't love my job. Not only are the above mentioned enough to have a job that rocks but I was able to stop working in November to have a baby and I am not going back until September and I still have my job...best job ever, I know. So then, I ask you, why don't I want to go back? Well look at this face and tell me you would want to be away for most of the day...
I want to be the one around to see her first steps, first words, etc. I want to rock her before her naps and be able to hug her when she cries. I guess what I'm saying is that I want to 'mother' her. I am lucky enough to have a mother who doesn't work and will watch her so we won't have to pay for daycare. I just can't imagine not being with her all of the time. I guess I better get used to the idea...my paycheck and benefits are more than we could give up. Plus, TONS of mothers do it and everything works out fine. Julian and I have talked about it a lot lately and we decided that as long as things are still going well for him at work and money-wise, than I will work up until I have our next baby and then I will stop altogether. Great plan, but it makes me want to have that next baby sooner rather than later. Don't get me wrong, it won't be too soon, but I was thinking 3-4 years apart and now I am thinking 2 years apart doesn't sound so bad. I guess we will see what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment