2.20.2011

our days



I am not a big schedule follower, and I knew going into parenting that "scheduled" was not going to be a term to describe me. The first couple weeks Eloise came home, BOY OH BOY did I want some sort of schedule. I think it was more about feeling normal than actually about schedules. Nonetheless, I read lots of different baby books, and read everything I could online about what a baby schedule should be like. I even tried some of them (for a short lived period because I can't keep schedules). Now, I am three months in and guess what? Eloise made her own schedule. It does follow the E.A.S.Y of the baby whisperer, but not because I put her on it. She came up with it on her own and I just followed her lead. So, She wakes up and we eat, she plays, and then she goes to sleep. She does that all day until bed. It is wonderful knowing what to expect. It also helps knowing her semi-schedule for when she is fussy. Now, when she is crying, I can figure out what it is she needs (most of the time.) My only problem is activity time. I put her in her bouncer and I talk to her and sing to her and listen when she "agoo's" back to me. Then, I'll try tummy time for a bit (she hates it). After tummy time, i'll flip her over on her play mat and let her play with the birdies on the mat. Then, we'll sit in the newborn lounger and I'll read her a book. During that time, I usually change her diaper 1 or 2 times. Then, she yawns and its in the swing for a nap. I don't really know what "activities" we should be doing. Hopefully, when the weather gets warm, we can start adding a walk to that list. I want to know how much tummy time is right for a baby her age and what sort of activity gym should I get for her development. I guess I have some research to do.

Pics of tummy time:



No comments:

Post a Comment