2.19.2011

cloth diapering update

My first three cloth diapers came in! They are so cute!! I cannot wait to put them on Ellie's bum. Anyway, I am still confused about a couple of things. I know you are supposed to stuff them with the inserts, but do you have to 'unstuff' them before washing? I have to look around and see if I can find the answer to that. I am also a little confused about the whole washing process. But, I think once I start doing it, I will learn as I go. There are a couple more things I need to get before I start.

Right now all we have is:
*2 BumGenuis 3.0
* 1 BumGenius 4.0
* 3 inserts
* laundry detergent

What I still need:
*Diaper pail
*Tote to put in Diaper pail
*wet bag for the diaper bag
*at least 20 more diapers (I am pretty sure I am sticking with BumGenius)

I am not totally sold on cloth wipes yet. So as of right now, I am going to continue to use regular wipes. I am a little wipes crazy, and I tend to use a lot just to make sure I am not double wiping and I get everything off of her cute little bum. So, wipes will go in the diaper dekor or the throw away bags in the diaper bag and diapers will go in the wet bag or the new diaper pail I still have to get. The other problem is diaper rash. Eloise has been getting diaper rash on and off since she came home. I change her diapers a lot to avoid it, but she is already sleeping through the night and I think staying in one diaper all night is causing it. But, with cloth diapers you can't use diaper rash cream (We have been using Aveeno). So, I am going to try to clear up the diaper rash before we start cloth diapers. Hopefully, making the move to cloth diapers will clear up the diaper rash for good. I also think maybe if it does come back, I will use disposable diapers while waiting for the rash to go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment