9.16.2012

Back to school

So the first two weeks of school have come and went and BOY was I busy!!! But, I am happy to say, that we survived and I am ready to go back to a normal routine.  We have a lot of fun stuff going on this fall and I am just excited for the weather and all that comes with this season.
 Here are our random tidbits:
-Julian and I are helping out with the teens at our church on Wednesday night Life Groups. It is called Vitality and we had such an awesome experience our first Wednesday.  There are about 10-15 teens that come and this season of Life Groups is about forming good habits, (reading the bible, memorizing bible verses, praying daily, etc) and just really spending time with God. Julian took the boys, I had the freshman and sophomore girls, and the pastor that heads it up took the older girls.  They are such a sweet group of kids! I am excited to see where/how we can impact them and how they are going to impact us :)
- My class seems like a very sweet class. They are all good kids who want to behave and learn. Of course, on Friday I got a new student, and I feel like he is going to change the dynamic of this class. But, I guess I should wait and see :/
-Eloise's schedule is about as busy as a 1 year old can get. My mom watches her Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays and Julian has Wednesdays and Fridays. On Monday's she goes to Paint, Pour and Paste at the Manasquan Rec center for toddler arts and crafts with my mom. Every other Tuesday the cleaners come so my mom takes her up to Monmouth county to do shopping and back to Nan's to play. Wednesdays she goes to Dancing  Bears Music class with Julian and then to a toddler fitness class. She does both of these things BEFORE nap. She is going to be exhausted. Toddler fitness doesn't start until next week, so we will see how she does. Julian can't sit at home so he loves planning activities for them.  Thursday is nothing (thank goodness!) and Friday she goes to Little Gym.  She is a mover and a shaker.
-We planned our Disney Trip!!!!!!!! I am so excited that we were able to do this.  We are staying at the new resort, Art of Animation, where we got a family suite (we don't like having to share a room with Eloise due to naps). We are leaving late Wednesday night and coming home Sunday! I am so excited to see Eloise experience Mickey and Minnie and the princesses! She is gonna FLIP.
-Pregnancy is going really well. I have updated the first 8 weeks (minus week 7 because I forgot).  My weeks change on Tuesdays and I am going to try to update on Tuesdays but not much changes everyweek so I feel redundant.  Oh well.
-My brother's wedding is soooo soon! I can't believe.  My sister and Dave made them a reallyyyyyy nice cornhole thing to play during cocktail hour as a wedding gift.  I thought it was such a good idea. AND it is in their wedding colors. SO FUN.
-ALL of our favorite shows (Sons of Anarchy, New Girl, Homeland, Dexter, etc) start this month so we will be giving our DVR a HUGE workout.  I may have to stop reading a book every two days in order to watch.  I have been reading a bunch of YA books and they have been really entertaining (and only 3.99 or less on my kindle).  I have a few people at school who are also BIG readers and we always talk about good books and are always on Goodreads together, recommending books. I love getting recommendations because then I feel like I know what to expect

That is all for now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment