9.14.2012

4 weeks pregnant

4 weeks 2 days on  August 15, 2012
 Here's the story....
Last time I was at my doctor, I was concerned about some unexplained bleeding.  They diagnosed me with Luteal Phase Defect. Pretty much, it's a problem women have that can cause early miscarriages or problems getting pregnant.  So, with that said, Julian and I decided that now was as good as time as any to start trying.  That was in July.  We were going to wait until September, but what is two months? Anyway, so first shot, and we are pregnant.  I woke up this morning (our 4 year anniversary) and took a test! PREGNANT! I feel like I can't get too excited because Luteul Phase Defect can cause miscarriages in the first trimester.  But, I am still thrilled to see that 'Pregnant' sign on the test.
How far along: 4 weeks and 2 days
Weight gain or loss: 0 as of right now :)  The doctor weighed my in NYC when I went in for some tests for my heart and I was 108 then.  We will see at my first appointment what I am.
How I feel:   I started waking up to pee in the middle of the night last week, so I was sure I was pregnant then.  But, that's not a sure-fire way to tell.  So I wouldn't let myself be convinced.  I feel bloated, thats abou tit. But, that just means my body is doing what it is meant to do so I will take it!! If cravings in the first couple days are any indication (lol), I want salty fries and burgers and chicken tacos.  Mostly, I am craving avocados.
Telling people: We were going to my parents house to drop Eloise off so we could go out
to dinner to celebrate our anniversary as well as this tiny little baby
growing inside of me.  My grandma ended up being there, and even though
she's queen blabbermouth, we told them. It was too perfect they were all
there at one time.  Obviously, they are super excited. We leave for VA this week, so we will be telling Julian's family then.  I am going to try to do something cute to incorporate Eloise for telling my brother and sister but I just can't come up with anything that Eloise will sit still long enough for.  Besides family, I will tell everyone else after the sonogram in mid-September.
Gender: My grandma wants Eloise to have a sister and my dad already predicted a boy. When I ask Eloise she says 'girl'.  I reallyyyyy think it's a boy.  We will find out in about 16 weeks :)
We toyed with the idea of not finding out but we just can't do it.  We loved everything about being pregnant with Eloise, and I wouldn't change one thing.  I loved knowing I had a little girl in my belly.  So, we will be finding out for sure. I think it also helped Julian (and myself) to bond while I'm pregnant.
Due Date: April 23, 2012 according to all the websites.
Worries: The only thing I am worried about is making sure this baby sticks! I also started worrying about how Eloise will do with not being an only child. Obviously that's hard for any child, but I also think NOT having a sibling would be worse!
What I am loving: That excited feeling of being pregnant! It is such a cool feeling. I am really looking forward to my first couple of dr's appointments and seeing a heartbeat.
My first doctor appointment is September 4th -- the first day of school for teachers.  I have the first sonogram and the first appointment already scheduled as well. Both in mid-September.  I will start telling people after those appointments.
I am just feeling so immensely blessed.  Prayer has so much power it is unbelievable.  I prayed that I would be a first grade teacher, and it happened within the month.  I prayed we would get pregnant quickly, and first cycle, boom.  God is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment