2.27.2012

Lent

Growing up Catholic, I usually gave something up for lent. It was usually chocolate or soda or gum. The real important stuff. I think one year I gave up cursing. I should have given up midriff tees. Why didn't anyone say anything??

Then, during college, I realized how 'not catholic' I was. I went to CCD, I went to church, and I still didn't know much. I had become Catholic in culture and not religion. So not what I wanted.

Now, I am a Christian. I know stories of the bible, I know prayers and I know Jesus.

This is all besides the point.

Anyway....I haven't given anything up for lent in years because I'm not Catholic (in culture or religion). But, I was thinking of starting up again. I mean sacrificing something for 40 days can really remind you each day what He did for us.

Then, I found this blogpost. Perfect.

Just what I was thinking

So, with that said, I am giving up Facebook for the rest of lent.  I wanted to pick something that I spend too much time doing.  No, every time I want to check Facebook, it will remind me to what sort of sacrifice was made for me.  Shouldn't be so difficult in comparison.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment