3.04.2012

turkey chili

Eloise has a few 'go to's' as far as dinner is concerned: Mac and Cheese (it used to be only Annie's but she has really branched out. She'll eat any mac and cheese as long as it is made with cheddar. She also likes peas in it. I have come to terms with her picky eating), pizza on a tortilla, trader joe's chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries, and turkey chili with beans from the slow cooker.  She really enjoys this recipe and I am so happy to make it once a week for her. I changed a few things but this is the original recipe from my slow cooker cookbook.

CHILI WITH BEANS

1 lb each: lean ground beef, ground turkey (I only use the turkey, but I am sure it will be good with ground beef, too)
2 large onions, chopped (It depends how many onions I have, on how many I put in )
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
2 cans (10 1/2 oz/each) tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
2 TBS chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste

1. Cook ground beef and turkey in lightly greased large skillet over medium heat until browned, about 10 minutes, crumbling meat with a fork. Combine meat and remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. season with salt and pepper.

boo-ya. Easy peasy rice and cheeseyyyyy and yummy. Even Miss Priss agrees.

Now go put those ingredients in a slow cooker and waste your time on pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment