2.01.2012

Blog Prompt

I saw this prompt on another blog, and I thought I would play along...

11 things you might not know about me:

1. I really love all vampires. I love sparkling in the sun vampires (Twilight), I love vampires who wear magical rings in order to walk in the sun (Vampire Diaries), and I love vampires that sleep in graves and other underground contraptions (True Blood). I haven't found a vampire that I don't like. And I also love Jesus. You can love both, I'm proof.

2. I despise wearing heels. I would rather be in flats on any day in any situation. Comfortable shoes are very important in my life. I don't even care what they look like most of the time, as long as my feet are comfy!

3. My biggest girl crush right now is Zooey Deschanel (from my 2nd favorite show "New Girl"), and my biggest guy crush right now is Jeremy Allen-White (from my 1st favorite show "Shamelss").

4. I like to go to bed early and wake up early-ish. Notice I added that '-ish'. 5am is too early, even for me. Sometimes I wake up late but I always feel gross after doing that.

5. I don't drink cow's milk. Neither does my family or Julian's family. We are a bunch of non-cow's milk drinkers. My family drinks rice and/or almond milk. Julian's family does the same. His mom is really into coconut milk right now.

5. I hate swallowing pills. Yuck. I did it when I was pregnant but I gag at the thought of it, now. It has gotten worse with age. I take gummy vitamins these days....

6. My favorite place to go is Canyon Ranch in Lenox. It is amazing and life changing. Everyone should be required to go there at least once. It should be a law.

7. I could eat skotidakis dip for every meal on everything. My mouth is watering typing this. The Jalapeno flavor is amazing. Especially with pretzel chips.

8. My favorite fruit is an apple. I prefer red over green. I used to be allergic to apples when I was younger. Then, I went to a holistic health chiropractor for about a year or two and he cured me of that allergy. He did it with vials of liquids and pushing against him. Yes, weird. But, it worked. I can now eat my fav fruit with no itchy mouth or swollen lips. If you have an allergy, I recommend it.

9. My favorite board game to play is Cranium. But, it has to be Turbo edition. Turbo is soo much better :)

10. When I was younger, I went to all sorts of camps. Summer camp, swimming camp, art camp, drama camp, veterinarian camp (what?), dance camp, gymnastics camp. I have great memories of spending summers at camps and I hope that Eloise will love camp as much as I did.

11. I don't like mushrooms. It is really the only thing I won't eat. I can't think of another thing I don't like, or at least tolerate.

question portion



1. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?

I like a lot of TV and have a lot of favorite shows, but I guess the one I am most embarrassed about is Teen Mom 2. I love it and have watched every episode.

2. Name one song that you like to jam out to that is totally embarrassing.

Anything Kelly Clarkson.

3. Where do you want to send your kids to school? Public/Private/Homeschool?

Public schools as of right now. There's a possibility of private but more than likely it will be public. Definitely not homeschool.

4. Name one food you will never grow tired of?

Pizza. It really doesn't matter where it's from, either.

5. What is your favorite Pinterest Search?

I don't really search on Pinterest. I just look at my friend's boards and repin a lot of their things.

6.Have you ever ordered girl scout cookies and if so, what kind?

I was a girl scout for a while and then two of my cousins were/are and we always get girl scout cookies. My favorite are thin mints. in the freezer.

7. What color do you decorate with most?

I'm going to say green.

8. Which store is your total guilty pleasure?

For clothes for myself I would say JCrew. For everything else, Costco.

9. What are your favorite baby names?

If we had a girl right now her name would be Lila Kathleen. If we had a boy, Henry Thomas. But, these names change on a weekly basis so don't hold it to me.

10. What is your dream home vision?

I want a house with a wrap around porch, lots of land in the backyard. I also would want a nice size master with a biggggg master bathroom and two walk in closets. I would want a bedroom and an office downstairs, besides the bedrooms upstairs. I would also want a basement (a must) and a big laundry room upstairs. I also wouldn't mind a mud room. Hardwood floors throughout and an island in the kitchen.

11. Is your current job your dream job?

Teaching first grade is the only thing I can ever imagine doing. I do love being with the kids all day. Obviously, there are things about it I wish I could change (going to the bathroom whenever I wanted) but there are going to be a good side and a bad side to everything. I love summers off, and getting home early. I love that there are sick days and paid vacations. I love that I am good at what I do. I love that I got a full year off when I had Eloise and I got to keep my job. I wouldn't choose another job, besides staying home and doing nothing besides playing with my baby all day, everyday. Oh, and the benefits and salary aren't bad, either :)






No comments:

Post a Comment