2.25.2012

out and about

 I have about 24 days before I go back to work.  I was so worried about how I would feel about this big transition in our lives.  Surprisingly, I am not too worried or anxious about it.  If anything, I am just ready to start so I can stop thinking about what it will be like.  Of course, any changes in your life will cause some tension.  I am a little worried about how the dynamics will change, but Julian and I are both ready for the change.  The best part is that I am easing my way back into working full time.  I work for about three months (with a one week spring break in there! yay!) and then I am off for the summer.  It makes life a tad bit easier knowing that.  

Since work starts so soon, Julian and I decided to have a week full of fun outings.  Since the weather was so nice this past week, we took advantage and had each day planned out so we weren't just sitting around or doing our usual park outing.  On Monday, we had her first swim class, and then took her to Barnes and Noble to pick out a book and get a cookie.   On Tuesday, we drove up north to visit with my grandmother (Eloise's great grandma June).  It is so nice visiting and seeing my grandmother with my daughter. It is pretty amazing.  My grandma really appreciates us visiting and enjoys little miss so much.  We should really go and visit at least once a month. On Wednesday, we went to the popcorn park zoo.  It was a beautiful day out and since it was the middle of the week, there weren't many people there.  We took our Maclaran Umbrella Stroller because it's lightweight and easy.  But, little did we know, the whole place is filled with sand.  We will definitely bring the Bugaboo next time! Eloise really enjoyed  the animals and I think she liked the bears the most.  

 Julian and Eloise in the Reptile House....not Julian's favorite.

 Mommy and Eloise looking at the Camel and the Llama's.

 Eloise pointing to the monkey!

 Feeding the crazy goat!

 Hi, Mr. Monkey!

 Comparing beards.

 Waving to the animals.

 So tired after all the roaring he did.

Boo Boo the Bear.


What I really like about the Popcorn Park Zoo is the fact that all the animals there are rescued.  So you get to read their stories about how they got to come to the zoo and why they wouldn't be able to be re-released into the wild.  It's a sweet little zoo and we will surely be back!

On Thursday, we took her to the Point Pleasant Boardwalk and we visited the Aquarium.  I think she enjoyed the aquarium more than the zoo, because you feel like you are closer to the animals.  It was fun!
 It was a beautiful day at the boardwalk!

 Hanging with the fish.
 Daddy and Ellie
 What a cute seal!

 Sitting still for a picture...

 So happy because she just ate some funnel cake!

Beating Julian at Skee Ball!

*Then, on Friday we went to Nan and Pop's house and hung out there.  We had such a busy week, it will be nice to have a relaxing weekend at home! This fun-filled weekend gets me excited for what this summer is going to bring us! Lots of outings I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment