12.21.2011

happiness

Things that are currently putting a smile on my face:

* My early Christmas gift---A Shark steam mop. Not only does it steam and sanitize my hardwood floors but it is super easy to use and it vacuums! The best part of this is that it was on my Christmas list and Julian got it FREE using our credit card points! I love free gifts that I actually want :). I love that it doesn't use harsh chemicals and I feel like it does a much better job than a wet swifer. Anyway, it is definitely putting a smile on my face every time I clean the floors!


* The next wonderful thing putting a smile on my face is Christmas decorations around the house that have sentimental value. I have my mom's old Christmas China (about 1,000 pieces of it, but we only use a couple things as of right now). Every Christmas when Julian lugs out that huge cardboard box full of it, I look at it and smile remembering all the times as a kid we ate Christmas dinner on this china. The other thing that has memories attached to it, is my family's old Nativity. My grandmother bought this for my mom when her and my dad first got married and I remember playing with it as a child. All the arms and heads are glued on because they have been broken many times. But, I don't care that it looks beat up, it has great memories attached to it. I googled the company because it is missing the angel, but it is from 1978 and they aren't making the same nativity anymore :(. Oh well, I still love looking at it.


* Eloise being a dancing fool makes me smile! Every time she hears music she dances and its super cute. She opened a Christmas gift early from my sister and she got a drum filled with other musical instruments. She likes to make the music and dance. SOOOOO CUTE!

*Christmas cards in the mail are one of my FAVORITE things during this season. I love getting them and look forward to the mail each day. This year, I crafted a Christmas card wreath and it came out GHETTO (Thanks, Pinterest. How come things look so easy on Pinterest and then when you make them, it comes out looking like a toddler did it? ew). Anyway, I probably will try and make a new one next year or buy one I saw in a magazine that I LOVED, but for now, it works! I love all my Christmas Cards!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment