11.19.2011

Go-to recipes

Whenever I'm making one of my 'go-to' recipes, I think of a particular scene in American Dreams (Netflix this show) where JJ didn't want to play football anymore. He got in a big fight with his dad about it, and his mom is explaining to him about how sometimes you have to do things you don't always want to do. She tells him how sometimes she doesn't feel like cooking dinner. And since this show takes place during the 60's - he's shocked. He asks her what she does when she doesn't feel like cooking. She says 'I make tuna casserole' to which he replies, ' but we eat tuna casserole a lot'. Hilarious because we eat my go-to meals a lot, too.


So whenever we eat baked chicken or creamy spaghetti or caribbean rice and beans- you know I didn't feel like cooking. They are my go- to recipes for the days I just don't feel like doing the cooking thing. (once a week! Lol) They are the perfect combination of easy and I always have the ingredients.
Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment