11.30.2011

christmas season

The Christmas season is upon us! Tomorrow is December first and so begins the 25 days of Christmas! This Christmas is our second Christmas with Ellie but it really is our first that we get to truly enjoy what it means to have a kid around Christmas time. Last year, Eloise wasn't even 1 month old during December so we didn't do much. And putting her on a strange guy's lap at a mall was totally out of the question! But, this year, we are going to do it all. Here is my list of things we are going to do to celebrate the best time of year!

- Take Eloise's picture with Santa
- Go see the tree lighting in Sea Bright
- See the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center
- Watch the ice skaters at Rockefeller Center
- Watch Julian's favorite Christmas movie (Home Alone) and My favorite Christmas movie (miracle on 34th Street)
- Let Eloise pick out a new ornament for our tree
- Send Christmas cards
- Drink hot chocolate while Julian puts the lights on the house
- Decorate the Christmas tree while listening to Christmas music
- Buy Christmas presents for a needy child
- Send the SPCA a gift basket for a needy dog
- go look at Christmas lights

I am sure there are way more things I want to do, I just have to make sure I don't make my list too long and then we don't accomplish anything! I think this is a great starter list. Next year, I can look back and see what we did and maybe add to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment