5.08.2011

Trip to VA

Since Eloise was blessed with two stay at home parents, leaving for a weeks vacation (if you would call visiting your in laws for a week "vacation") is no big thing. Lucky for us it was a beautiful week weather-wise and Eloise got to spend some really great time with her Gigi and Papa. Let me wrap up our adventures with those Barkers.

Tuesday- We leave NJ 9am on the dot. Perfect Timing for morning nap. Little Miss sleeps for two hours and proceeds to have a huge blowout all over her traveling outfit and even her socks. I have no idea why it's on her socks but it is. We stop at our first rest area and do some cleanup. Blow outs are nasty to begin with-- but even nastier at a rest stop. Eloise isn't phased and is a perfect angel for the rest of the ride playing and laughing at Duke next to her and eventually falling asleep again. We arrived in VA seven short hours later (everything takes longer with a baby). We went to Keri and Joel's for pizza and Eloise got to hang with her big cousins.

Wednesday- I wake up a little weary because baby girl isn't liking her sleeping arrangements. I guess that is part of "vacationing' with a five month old. Naps are barely happening so Julian and I drive around H-burg so she falls asleep. Things sure have changed in the past 10 years since I started here at JMU.

Thursday- Julian plays golf all day with his dad and brother. Gigi, Eloise and I go for a ride and run errands for the party tomorrow. We see Kate in her little school program and eat Chilis for dinner. Eloise has an all out meltdown. I need more sleep.



Friday- the day of the graduation party! Julian and I pack up Eloise and head to Skyline drive for the day. We would have gone anywhere to get out of the craziness of pre-party stressing going on. The three seconds we are around Julians asked to put up a tent, move basement furniture and get cases of water. We enjoy our drive and brief time on the AT. We actually see a mama bear and a newborn baby bear on the side of the road. We took one picture but since our camera was on 'self-timer' by accident we didn't get a good one of the cutie baby bear. Duke growled at them.



We eat lunch overlooking the mountains and laugh about the party that's happening tonight. Julian drops us off and proceeds to hide over at Keri and Joel's before they ask him to do anything else for the party that we wish wasn't happening. Party is fine, Eloise naps through it all and I head upstairs at 10 to put her to bed and hide out. The music is blasting into our bedroom. Gigi is more than a little loopy and Julian gets congratulated more than once on graduating. Obviously these guests are Jordan's closest friends.

Saturday- the day of graduation and the day Eloise sits unsupported for the first time!!! Uncle Jo-bear let me off the hook so there was no ceremony for us! But we promptly went to his frat party and enjoyed some good ol' barbecue and beers and preppy sigma chi's. Who knew there were so many acceptable colors of pants on dudes? They were all super cute and we are so proud of Jordan! Eloise loved the frat party so much she slept in her stroller for the whole party.
Julian promises this is her last fraternity party ever.




Julian goes frat-mode and parties all night. I go to bed early and Eloise wakes up every two hours like a newborn. I decide that when we get home I am Ferber-izing her immediately!

Sunday-my first mothers day!
We took a nice walk and had outback takeout! Then made a fire and ate s'mores! I love being Eloise's mom! The homemade card she made me is priceless and a little impressive for her age :)

I'm excited about going home and getting back into real life. Even though this trip was a nice change of pace, I'm a homebody and miss my king bed and Eloise's crib.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment