5.11.2010

Maybe we'll move...

So Julian and I were offered a dream the other day by my parents. They really want us (well really just the baby I think) to be closer to them. So, they are willing to help us out in order to buy a lot and build a house. Julian and I are very excited about the whole idea and have already started playing on the MLS website searching for the perfect place. Building our next home is a dream come true. I can make it exactly as I want it. I mean, our house now is absolutely wonderful. I love our neighbors, the quiet street we live on, the proximity to the park, etc. It is a great size, we could potentially live there with two or three kids and be comfortable. But, being closer to my family would be nice. They could check in on the dogs when we went away for a night. They could babysit at a moment's notice if we wanted to go to the movies, or out to dinner. AND I don't want to forget about the fact that we could build the house EXACTLY as we would want it.

If I could have the perfect dream house here is what it would include:

* A big frong porch with fans and a porch swing so I could drink lemonade and watch the kids and dogs playing in the front yard
*A yard big enough that our front yard as well as our backyard could be used for playing
*A kitchen with an oven that has 6 burners and a warming drawer.
*A basement (now that I have one I don't known if we could live without one)
*TWO walk in closets (Another thing that we have now that I can't live without)
*A master bathroom with double sinks! It would truly be a dream come true
*A place where we could walk the dogs (We have it now and I am not willing to give that up)
* A patio to have a firepit


We have been searching in Middletown so far. I'll be updating as we get more information about what is actually going to happen. I love dreaming about it but at the same time I don't want to rush into anything and make a mistake. Where we live now is perfect. I love almost everything about it. It isn't in a perfect location, Point Pleasant isn't where we want to be forever. If we lived in Monmouth County I would be closer to stores that I would stop at, a Whole Foods, a very cool downtown with cute shops and restaurants, a Farmer's Market, etc. There is so much to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment