5.14.2010

10 weeks pregnant!

Baby is finally starting to put on some weight! He's close to .18 ounce and is the size of a small plum! The end of this week will be the end of the embryonic period and the beginning of the fetal period. Few malformations occur during the fetal period so it is very exciting to be at this point in my pregnancy! The queasyness has come back a little, nothing too bad though. I am still very tired and can't wait for that part of the pregnancy to be over. I haven't been going to the gym as much as I should but I know that this summer I'll be able to get there more. Julian and I have been talking more and more about baby things. We have picked out our stroller (bugaboo chameleon) and we have started looking at nursery furniture. We are even discussing cloth diapering. Julian says because I'll be doing the majority of the diaper changes that it is totally up to me. I can't decide which way to go. I mean cloth diapering is better for the environment, better for babies skin, less diaper rash, and it's way cheaper. But, it is more work, more laundry, and could potentially be more smelly. I just can't decide. But, I do think cloth diapered baby bums look so cute! I guess I have a lot of research to do. We are leaning towards Land of Nod furniture because "Baby Bargains" gave it a B (which is a good grade in this category) and their furniture is made by an American company which is always a plus. I like all white furniture for either gender. I also like a dresser with a changer top rather than a changing table. That way the dresser can be used for a while unlike a changing table.
As far as how I look, I go back and forth between being able to fit into my pants and not. So, I know that any baby bump I thought I had is definitely just bloat. But, my mom and my sister and I are going shopping tomorrow to start looking for maternity clothes. We are going to A Pea in the Pod. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment