10.22.2011

Miss Eloise's first birthday preparations

Since I've extended my leave from work, we don't have the extra cash to spend on throwing a party like we usually would. I gave myself a $300 budget and got started. First, I needed a theme. I have seen so many cute themes for birthdays but I felt like a specific theme would limit what I could do myself. For example, if I chose a ladybug theme, I would really need to learn how to make an amazing ladybug or I would be tempted to buy party supplies instead of doing it myself. So instead, I decided to go with a main color scheme of pink. But, I'm using all different colors that are girly-with an emphasis on pink!
Now the breakdown of where my $300 is going:

- invitations and thank you cards from Shutterfly $50
- bakery cake $90
- food is free because my mom is cooking!!
- paper decorations and ribbon $35
- photos for decorations $35
- homemade cupcakes $10
- favors $30

Total so far = $250

So far I am under budget and I don't feel like there is too much left for me to do/buy. I might buy some pom decorations or a cake topper or maybe some balloons.
Also, I'm contemplating hiring a friend of my sister's who is a trying to becoming a photographer to take pictures. That would be another 1o0 bones but I feel that pictures are worth going over budget for. Plus, I don't want to worry about taking the pictures and I also want to be IN the pictures. We'll see if that pans out...
I am so excited for her birthday and I know that it's more about the people you spend it with than the decorations. I hope she loves it!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment