4.14.2011

sleep

My daughter USED to sleep through the night....not so much anymore. Now she has been waking up at least once if not twice! Julian blames our pediatrician. She was a little concerned with Eloise not gaining enough weight. Since then, instead of hushing her back to sleep if she woke up at night, I started feeding her. Well, now she is really loving those midnight (and 4 am) snacks. But, I have also heard of the four month old "wakeful" period. Now that she is four months old, she is more interested in the world around her than with eating. I have read that this stage can last up to 6 or 7 months. This totally makes sense. She bobs on and off while eating, too worried that someone or something needs to be watched. She doesn't like to miss out! I am going to try to see if I can get her more focused on eating and see if that makes a difference. If not, I might have to Ferberize this child. I would hate to do it but we all need some more sleep in this house! Maybe I'll start slow with the baby whisperer but something needs to be done before I go back to work (yuck!).



No comments:

Post a Comment