4.22.2011

Happy Earth Day!

What a wonderful day! Earth Day has a way of reminding me of how far I have come in becoming 'green' and how much further I have to go! I try to buy organic and local when possible, I only use 'green' dishwasher detergent, soap, and laundry detergent. I recycle. I use kleen kanteen water bottles. I mostly use cloth diapers, we planted lots of trees and plants in our yard. We only use No VOC paint in our house. Julian sealed up our house to make it more efficient. But, I still have such a long way to go. I drive an SUV (which I don't think I could ever give up---maybe hybrid SUV next time), I use disposable diapers along with my cloth, I am not fully stocked with 'green cleaners' and I have been known to use (gasp) 'Fantastic' on my kitchen counters. I love air conditioning and I have way too many things plugged in around the house. But, today is a great day to choose something and make the change. We need this planet to last us a long time, especially now that I have a daughter. I want to make sure we have beautiful-ness around for our next generation. So, I vow to use extra cloth diapers and a little less disposables, stop using 'fantastic' and learn how to use vinegar in my cleaning and to get my mom to teach me how to grow a garden. The least I can do is grow my own organic tomatoes!

I hope your Earth Day is as great and eye-opening as mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment