10.07.2012

11 weeks pregnant and other random stuff

11 weeks pregnant - October 4th, 2012

Still feeling good.  I am starting to get uncomfortable when I sleep and also those weird pains if I stand up too fast. Besides that, I still don't feel pregnant AT ALL. I am excited for my next ultrasound (October 17th) so I can see the heartbeat again to remind me that there is a baby in there.  This pregnant is so different than with Eloise.  First of all, I don't remember I am pregnant at all. Also, I have barely thought about a baby coming into this family. I am too busy between work and Eloise to even think about it.  But, I guess with a second child, things are different.  My stomach definitely sticks out more, but I think it just looks like I got fat. Especially if you see me after 4pm.  That's when I look like I need weight watchers. I also am not as tired as I was with Eloise. I remember laying down after work everyday and barely getting up until the next morning most days in my first trimester.  This time I don't sit down until around 8pm, and I am tired, but I don't notice it as much.  Maybe it is because I can't notice it.  I am not allowed to be tired, so I'm not.  Who knows.

I still have a 'boy' feeling, but I am starting to feel that this baby could be a girl.  I was reading old wives tales and everything is adding up to girl.  I read a faster heart rate is a girl (170 last time we checked), and a bigger butt means girl, and I am definitely growing there.  I am not nauseous and that means boy, and so does becoming hair which is happening,so we have that.  I also read that if your first kid sucks two fingers instead of their thumb it means the next baby will be a girl.  Eloise NEVER sucked her thumb but will occasionally suck her two fingers. Who knows, I can't wait to find out. I really don't care either way.  I just want a HAPPY and HEALTHY baby.

My brother's wedding was amazing.  It was probably the best wedding I have ever been to (besides my own :) ).  The band had everyone dancing the whole night and they had a fun photo booth and the food was AMAZING. They did pictures before the ceremony and I had never been in a wedding that did that, and that made cocktail hour fun for the bridal party :).  Cape May was absolutely beautiful and now Julian wants to move there.  It was a really nice weekend and they deserved it! Eloise was pretty good taking pictures on the beach but when we went back for more pictures on the grounds, she melted down and didn't want her shoes on or to take anymore pictures.  Then, she had to walk down the aisle. I was getting nervous she wasn't going to go.  But, Julian walked her down (barefoot) and gave her a chocolate cupcake to hold and she was super happy walking down with flowers in the one hand and a chocolate cupcake in the other.  She sat for a short while, and then saw me and started crying.  Since it was outside, Julian was able to just sneak off with her and it worked out well.  Once cocktail hour started, they came back and she was covered in chocolate all over her white dress.  Good thing pictures were over!! Then she insisted on being on the dance floor dancing all night.  She even danced on the dance floor throughout the whole first dance for Mike and Jen.  I physically could not get her off.  She partied hard and had a great time.  She kept saying, "more more dance".  It was super cute and hilarious.  I can't wait to see the pictures of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment