7.21.2012

VBS, visitors and sickies.

This past week and a half has been nuts. Saturday night, Eloise was wheezing and coughing so badly that we eventually took her to the hospital.  Thankfully, the hospital was dead and we got right in.  I was so worried about my little girl.  She was diagnosed with croup and we were told to give her baby motrin and do the breathing treatments.  We followed up with our doctor and she said that it had gotten worse. (Sick baby = no sleep for anyone).  It was a really bad couple of days, but we made it out and now she is practically perfect again :) I am sure she got it from the Atlantic Club nursery because that is really the only other place we go that has a ton of kids in it.  So we won't be dropping her off there anymore. I know that getting sick builds their immunity, but seeing your child sick is the worst thing. I am going to avoid it at all costs.
This was only Eloise's second time being sick.  She had the same sort of thing (not as bad) when she was 6 months old.  Croup and such runs in Julian's family (he had it bad as a child, his dad had it bad as a child).  I really hope it is not something I have to do again.  I am just so blessed she is better :)
Not only was Eloise sick, but Julian's family (his mom, his sister, and our nieces and nephew) all visited   for the week.  They came Monday and left Friday.  That made things even more hectic.  It was a nice visit but things were crazy.
VBS was also this SAME week and I had to be at the church every night, Monday through Friday, from 5:30-8:00. Which meant I had to rely on either Gigi, Keri, and/or Julian to give Eloise her medicine, take her temperature and give her a breathing treatment before bed.  I know they are all capable but I was kinda bummed I couldn't be there to take care of her. Oh well.  VBS was amazing and all the kids had a fabulous time.  I took Kate and Olivia with me and I think they enjoyed singing the songs and hearing about some of the 'champions' of the bible.  I think even Eloise now knows the dances/songs because we were always practicing :)

whew. I am hoping this upcoming week is really boring :)


No comments:

Post a Comment