7.05.2012

Sweet Sweet Summertime!

Sweet Sweet Summertime you are going by too fast! I can't believe how time is flying by! Anyway, I am truly enjoying my life these days.  I am reminded constantly of all the wonderful things I am thankful for and I feel so totally blessed beyond belief.  Eloise is having a great summer and I love watching her grow up to be a kid. (She only has a tad bit of baby left in her).

Our summer so far (and probably until it is over) has been go go go.  Ellie girl takes 3 hour naps and I have to go in and wake her because we having something else to go go go to.  Poor thing. We have been going to the Atlantic Club and having fun in the pool, my mom's house for the beach, and just random field trips (the teacher in me calls outings 'field trips').  We went to Sesame Place which I think Eloise was a bit young for.  We thought it was a bust, but then came the Elmo Rock N' Roll show. Now, Ernie used to be Eloise's favorite. OH, but not anymore.  Elmo has won over Eloise's heart and now  pretty much 75% of our conversations these days have to do with Elmo.  She loves him.  And the show was no exception. SHE LOVED IT! I haven't seen her smile and dance so much. It made the trip totally worth it. Julian was even chosen to go on stage and be a backup dancer for Elmo.  It was really cute and seeing her that happy almost made me cry. (ok, maybe a tear or two escaped, but soon the laughter tears came due to watching Julian shake it with Sesame Street characters).

The only thing I have been worrying about lately is when I am going to hear what grade I'll be teaching next year.  A second grade teacher retired, and they are supposedly adding an additional 5th grade teacher to our school.  Also, today I just heard that one of our kindergarten teachers moved schools.  I hope I hear soon.  I am really blessed that I have a great job AND I get summers off to spend with Eloise.  I feel really lucky to have chosen this profession.  But, that doesn't make my patience any better :)

I also wanted to document some of the things Eloise is saying these days.

"I love daddy"
"I love boats" (it sounds like boots---she took her first boat ride and I am pretty sure it wasn't her favorite thing, but my dad taught her to say "I love boats" anyway)
"Beastbelle" is her term for Beauty and the Beast and it sounds like baseball.  If you don't know her well, you think she is asking you to turn on the game
"Beach"
"WaWa" for water
"Snack"
"Night-Night Mommy"










No comments:

Post a Comment