10.25.2013

Happy half birthday Henry!!!

Henry is 6 months old! I can't even believe it :)
Here is what my sweet boy is up to these days:
--He can sit unassisted for a couple minutes. He usually falls down while reaching for a toy or when his sister is stealing a toy from him.
--He has three teeth!!
--He laughs, babbles, and drools a lot.
--His eczema is still bad
--He weighs 16 lbs 1 oz -- which is down to 25% for weight. But, I know its because I just started him on solids in the last couple of weeks where as other kids his age probably had solids at 4 months and are now eating more than he does at 6 months.
-- he's 50% height and 75% head size
--He does NOT sleep through the night. A good night is going down at 7pm and only waking three times before 7am. I talked to a sleep trainer and in theory I WANT to sleep train him. But, he is a very distracted eater while nursing during the day. If there is any noise and/or activity around he wants to look at it and not eat. He obviously is making up for it at night. It really doesn't bother me all that much because most of the time he eats and can go right back to sleep. With Eloise, I had to rock her for an hour before she'd go back to sleep in the middle of the night. At least it's quick :) I have to look on the bright side.
--He is in 6-9 and 6-12 month clothing. 6 month size is too small.
--He is almost out of his helmet! His last appointment is Nov 6th and he is officially out of it on Nov 20th! I have to say I am very happy as to wear his head is now so it can only get better.  I am so happy with the company we chose and our experience. It was fantastic! I would highly recommend Cranial Technologies to anyone who was looking to get a Doc Band for their child.
--We went through a short lived phase where Eloise wasn't very nice to Henry.  She would kick him or hit him and would have to go to time out. Thank goodness that stage is over and she is back to being a great big sister. She tells him multiple times a day how much she loves him and gives him kisses all day. She loves "Buddy".  She refers to him as "Buddy" and hardly ever calls him by name.  I'm not sure if I want this Buddy nickname to stick. I kinda like the name I gave him :)
Other stuff going on:
Our next couple of months are BOOKED. I haven't any free time I feel like.  Between holidays and Eloise's birthday we have so many events.  Some fun things to look forward to!
--We are doing Trunk or Treat at Church on Halloween!
--Eloise is signed up to do a kid's Christmas program at Church for the Christmas Eve service.
--We are going to sign Eloise up for ballet because she won't stop pretending to be Angelina Ballerina
--We are going to Cape May for a weekend in December. We are staying at Congress Hall, where my brother got married. They host a winter wonderland thing and have story time with Mrs. Clause and breakfast with Santa and a train ride and gingerbread house making, etc. So I am excited to spend that weekend with my family in one hotel room (AH!) :)
--Eloise's birthday party! Pirates and Princesses!
--We have a wedding in November we are going to
--We are taking Eloise to Disney Junior Live
-- AND my favorite holiday is coming up! THANKSGIVING! I can't wait!

Pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment