1.13.2013

Wants vs Needs

With Eloise, I felt like I was so over prepared, especially at this point in my pregnancy.  This time around, I barely remember I am pregnant, so I haven't really begun to think about the things we are going to need.  So, I decided to make a list of things for Henry that we need.  Some of this "needs" may look like "wants" but if it is super important to me, I put it in the "need" because it's my list and I can :)

NEEDS THAT WE ALREADY HAVE

--Boppy Pillow/Breast Friend pillow
--Diaper Dekor (but we do need refills)
--Nursery Furniture
--Activity Center
--Jumparoo
--White onesies
--Monitor
--Changing pad
--Crib Mattress
--Infant Car Seat and base
--Diaper Bag (I wouldn't mind a new one though)



NEEDS/MUST GET

-- New swing (Eloise pretty much lived in a swing the first couple months, which the mobile thing is missing and I don't feel comfortable letting Henry lay down in poop stains...)
-- New Bouncer ( Ours actually started ripping from her bouncing around a lot)
-- Activity Mat (ours is pink and green and Henry likes blue lol)
-- Baby boy clothes
--Baby K'tan wrap.  Moby is great but too complicated to put on every time the baby is crying. I have a feeling baby #2 will be worn way more because Eloise will need my hands. I have heard great things about the Baby K'tan
--Double Stroller -- I am thinking a Bob this time. Easy fold, lighter weight, etc.
--Carseat Adapter for Double stroller.
--Crib Sheets and decorations for the room
--Dreft
--Pacifiers
--Bath Sponge
--California Baby Bath supplies
--Breast Pump and bottles (I am going to give better effort this time) I have heard we can get a breast pump through insurance but I have to look more into it to see what we actually get.
--Towel with a hood
--Swaddles
--Co-sleeper for my bed, the one I want is Snuggle Nest.  I ended up sleeping in bed with Eloise a lot and didn't get much sleep because I worried. This will take the worry out because it is made for baby sleeping in bed with you
--Another sound machine (Eloise still uses hers)
--New Pack n Play that isn't pink.  What does it matter? I don't know, I just don't want Henry to use Pink stuff, I am not a gender neutral mom, sue me.
--New bigger nursing cover (ALREADY ORDERED. I FOUND A GREAT DEAL ONLINE)

OTHER THINGS I WANT

--Vera Bradley Baby Book
--Ergo Carrier for when he is older
--Kickstand for the Bugaboo
--Newborn Photographer (booked and ready!! AHH!! I love this part and I am so glad I found someone more reasonably priced than last time)
--New Boppy cover
--New lovies for Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment