11.06.2012

Lots going on!

I can't believe that in the wake of all this craziness that is our life right now, we are living for Disney tomorrow!  A few things...
- Superstorm Sandy was nuts. My parents FINALLY got to go into their house for an hour or two today to get clothes and necessities.  That's right-- they had a couple things with them when they evacuated on SUNDAY.  It has been over a week (9 days to be exact) before they were allowed to get in to their house to get winter jackets, hats, clothes, etc. They are not allowed to live there for at least 4 months.  But, as usual, they have a good attitude about the whole thing and have not once complained. I am so very proud of how they are handling their situation.  People who have suffered way less because of this storm seem to be complaining way more, and I am just happy that they always look on the bright side.  Although homeless, they are still joking and happy go lucky.
-We left and went to VA for a couple days while we didn't have power. Our poor town was really hit hard, but fortunately, our house really made out well.  Most of our town is still without power but we are so very blessed to have it now. Julian had a couple trees he had to fix, but besides that everything was good.  We were just without power, and we heard a rumor it was going to take a week.  A week without power plus a toddler = we left.  Thank goodness we have family in VA who were happy to take us.  It was a good visit with heat and hot water! Plus, Eloise got to experience Halloween with her cousins!! She absolutely loved it and carries a basket around the house saying 'trick or treat' and demanding candy. She was the cutest Tinker bell ever!



-


- Tomorrow we leave for Disney! I am a little nervous for the flight but we have Eloise's favorite movie (Cinderella) and TV shows (little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse clubhouse) on the iPad and also a couple books and some pop pops (lollipops). She Should be entertained enough during the flight!
There are a couple things I'm excited about for Disney....
1. We rented a stroller through an outside company that drops it off and picks it up at our resort. I'm excited to see how this works out. We got a city mini and it wasn't expensive so I hope it works out well so we can do it again next time!
2. We are staying at a new resort for Disney (Art of Animation). It is a value resort but has family suites. We will be in a suite with 1 bedroom, living room, kitchenette and two bathrooms. If this works out, it may be where we stay next time as well. I like having space with Eloise napping and such. One hotel room just wouldn't suffice.
3. Character dinners and such. We have reservations for dinner every night at different places, and none that I ever remember doing before. Our first dinner is Mickeys backyard BBQ! I'm so excited to see how Eloise does meeting the characters. I hope she likes it because we also have reservations for a character breakfast Saturday morning!
- obviously I am not going to be able to hit my favorite rides ( I have a toddler and I'm pregnant) so I'm excited to just take things slow and do exactly what Eloise wants. We have three full days and we plan on spending the first at magic kingdom and the second at animal kingdom and Epcot. That way the last day can be a whatever day. Back to magic kingdom I predict but we could just walk around downtown! Who knows! I'm so excited to experience this with her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment