4.28.2012

Nothing Much

I have nothing important to talk about but I wanted to update some things for my own sake.  Eloise just turned 17 months and her vocabulary has really started to blossom.  I was worried (typical first time mom) about her reaching the 15 words by 18 months.  Julian and I listed all the words she says this morning and she has 15 for sure.  She doesn't pronounce every sound of every word but she can say most of the words and we know what she's saying.
Eloise's Words 17 months old:
-Mommy
-Daddy
-Gigi
-Papa
-Nan
-Ni Ni  (for Aunt Nikki)
-Dee (Duke)
-Beee (Beach)
-Ball
-Uh-Oh
-No
-Shoe
-Peas (she uses this in context for peas and also for please)
-Ba (Bath)
-Hi
-Bye
-WOAH
-Shhhh
-Woof
-Baaa (What a sheep says)
-Meow (what a cat says)

Besides that, Eloise has started giving us a hard time about bedtime.  She understands now that when it's bedtime, that it means no more playing.  She run and hides and yells 'NOOO' and tries all the tricks in the book to not go to sleep.  My mom says get used to it.  Soon she'll be asking for one more story, or another glass of water, or anything to avoid bedtime. At least that is what we used to do as kids.

Our friend is getting married in a couple weekends and it will be my first night away from Eloise.  I know that seems crazy (17 months and not one night away). My mom has decided to stay at our house to make life easier (plus then we don't have to worry about Duke).  I am looking forward to it and can't wait to see how Eloise does.


No comments:

Post a Comment